Saturday, February 26, 2011

Operators Are Standing By

Have you ever picked up a bottle of wine at a shop, based on the recommendation of the clerk, opened it at home and regretted the money you just wasted?  You probably drank it anyway because throwing $25.00 down the drain goes against your frugal character.  But whether you drank it or not that was not money well spent.

Have you ever heard someone state a wine axiom with authority, then you repeat what you heard in another group and they laugh at you for believing such a pile of drivel?

My name is Pat Broderick, for the last seventeen-plus years most people have gotten to know me as Pat “the wine guy”, and for those many years I have been dealing with solving those above mentioned problems.  I have worked as a branch manager and a consultant for a division of PRP Wine known as the Wine Shippers.

I service an eclectic clientele who want honest recommendations and accurate answers to their wine-related questions. Most of this is done by phone, and now, due to my improving keyboard skills, on-line.

The company I work with, PRP Wine/ Wine Shippers, represents over 300 boutique wineries from 15 countries. These wines are available to clients in the US (in most states) and are delivered direct from our warehouses located in strategic areas of the country.

To avoid making a wrong recommendation, I taste every wine before I sell it.  Rarely will you find someone in a wine shop who can honestly say they are personally familiar with their entire inventory!  In addition, due to the reality of human error, if I make a recommendation to a client that they are not thrilled with, that bottle is free and the remainder of the case is collected at our expense, the client is issued a 100% refund or an exchange for another wine, whichever they choose.
 
When a client has a question pertaining to wine, they are free to contact me for the answer.  Now, if you ever meet someone who claims to know everything about wine, you have also met a big liar! When I am stumped with a question, I gladly conduct the research necessary to insure my client gets an accurate and correct answer, the great benefit of this being that I learn the answer in the process.

In forthcoming missives I will answer questions presented to me as well as make an effort to demystify wine, somewhat.

Your questions pertaining to wine in general or the specifics of the services I offer are welcomed.  It is my fervent wish that you leave comments, email questions to me directly, or just call me at 308-338-0006.

Operators are standing by...

No comments:

Post a Comment